Monday, November 3, 2008

Socks

Here is Sweetie Pie Socks. I test knitted these for Kala Hotakainen for the Sockathon Yahoo group.

I did make a few changes to the pattern. I knitted the heel to fit the person I was knitting these for. I made the heel flap longer so I had to pick up more stitches on the gusset. I also instead of just knitting the 5 stitches on each side of the foot I keep the pattern going down the foot.

If I was to knit these again I would make a few more changes. I would either knit on the cuff as I went or leave a longer cast on thread to sew up the picot cuff.

I would change the pattern so the heel was half of the total stitches. I would also Divide the P2 into a P1 pattern P1. This way when one got to the foot the pattern would flow down to the toe.

I did these 2 at once on the Magic Loop.

I sent them off as a surprise before getting really good pictures of my changes.

No comments: