Thursday, August 14, 2008

8 out of 9 Not bad NW WA Fair

My pride and joy baby set. My Mother made this set for my daughter when she was born. When I was almost finished with the set it dawned on me we were the same age when making it. I designed the hat as the pattern did not have one.

I am sadden about the layout of the fair items. Note the corners of the blanket folded over. So much time and effort goes into them, then to be placed in the display cases like one is folding and putting away towels.
That seemed to be the way with a lot of the knitted and crocheted items.
My blue ribbon baby booties. I love this pattern. I needle felted the faces. Sorry about the glare.
Here are the Blue and Red Ribbon shawls. Mine is the red ribbon. I will say I am sad that they are folded so that the designs can not been seen. Ok, Laura yes your is lovely also.

I also don't know how to get rid of the line under the post. Sorry about that as I don't even know where it came from.

This was all new for me. I had not even been to the fair in over 15 years. I will do it again. I entered 9 classes and received ribbons in 8. I received 4 Blue ribbons and 4 Red Ribbons.

3 of the items I entered were my original designs. I received ribbons for all of them. For that alone I am proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right about the way the items are displayed. I wish I could see your shawl. Is it the Swallowtail from Best of Interweave?