Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time flies when your knitting.....

Wow where to start? Well I have been in trouble/teased for not posting so will post some.
So I suggest you go grab a cuppa your favorite drink as this will be a while.

The Yarn store I go to got in a new yarn. I fell for it. I wanted so badly to play with it. So I took some home. May I present a new pattern of mine..........This first one is very hard to get the colors correct. It is so much prettier in person. Trust me on this one. Any ways.....I love it so much I went back for a second color.

This one is still not great for colors, but is much better. Yes, they are 2 different colorways.


Start of a scarf. My pattern.
A hat and scarf start. Hat is Tab Hat on Rav. Scarf again my pattern.
Clog progress pictures.



Finished scarves and some clogs. These clogs will be given away unfelted. I love the look on peoples face when they get them and wonder what the heck....as they are huge. Pink ones remind me of Bazooka Bubble Gum.

Just a few more of the clogs I have done. Mine are the pretty blue ones in the middle, Ken's new ones are the gray pair beside them. Ours were felted already. I took them from Ken for the photo opt. I made over 24 pairs in about 3 weeks sorry lost track of how many. Doing my part to keep America Warm. lol Mine were made from a yarn I was saving...more on "special" yarns later.

The felted purse all deco'ed out ready for a little girl to take shopping. Shown in 2 pictures I know, but it is cute. Was not as easy as I thought doing the fancy work on a project that had been felted.


Hanna's clogs. These are gone so I can not show a felted picture. But going to a 2 year old. Dang cute I think. Yarn was from her Grandma's stash. These will be a gift from her Grandma.
I test knitted some socks that I can not show yet. So I did the Adrienne photo opt for them.
Don't ya just think they are soooo pretty. Notice the fancy..oh sorry guess I will have to post these later to show the cuffs. These are MINE ALL MINE.
OH just a few of the shawl I did . Top one is Dream in Color Baby. (gonna try this yarn again some day for ME.) This baby is big. This shawl is now owned by Bev and Paula Markham's Mom Caroline. OH yes and Gina, sorry Gina. Friends from High School that through knitting I have renewed friendships with. Fun that Bev and Gina are sock nuts as I am. Paula we will get you there. Some day I may have a picture of the shawl on her.
Noro Silk Garden Yarn. Shawl was made from yarn a friend gave me. But, I thought this friend needed a hug so I made a shawl from the yarn and gave it back to her. She has told me she wears it. I am so thrilled.

I also finished a test knit shawl I started a while ago. First shawl I have made using Zephyr. Zephyr is a mix of wool and silk. I bought this yarn years ago and was saving it for something special. Finally I thought, I could always buy more if I liked it. That I could knit with it. The shawl took just over 2 ounces. Still need to find something for the other 2 colors I bought at the same time. But, now that I have broken that idea of "special" it will be easier to use them.


And then.........Drum roll.....................
Adrienne's mystery socks done "MY WAY". I had problems with my bead holes, they were not uniform. I broke many, hurt my hands a lot trying to get the yarn into the bead hole. I like them. Adrienne is still shaking her head about them. But, it you look close at the lace work at the top there are beads. These also are MINE ALL MINE. I again used a yarn that I was keeping for "special".


I did finally receive a Thank You for the shawl that I had donated. I will say that I will think twice before I donate again. I have learned a wonderful lesson. I can now give away shawls thanks to that experience, I just learned to give them where I know where they are going and that they will be loved. I loved seeing the shawls with the new owners. That was priceless.

I am sorry I have not posted. But, I have been so busy knitting/crocheting. Many items are not here that I have made.

Want to say a big "Thanks" to Jess for the sock blockers. The blue forms the socks are on.

No comments: