Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nebula Socks

I first want to say that Sock Madness Round 4 starts Thurs between 4 - 7 pm PDT. The yarn I have chosen was the second time I purchased sock yarn. This was on ebay. This was before I knew I could go and buy sock yarn at any Local Yarn Stores (LYS). Hey it was years ago. I really did not know too much about LYS. I don't think I could tell you where one was. I also only bought self striping yarns for a long time. Now I want solids.

When the yarn arrived I thought it was the ugliest yarn I had ever seen. Well, I ordered enough for 2 pairs of socks the other yarn was also right up there on the ugly scale. I never did get rid of either yarns. I always hoped that I would find a pattern they looked great in as I do believe every yarn has a pattern. If I never found a pattern at least I would find someone that liked the yarn and I would knit them a pair of socks from it.

For sock madness I need two different colors. Here is what I am going to use. The colorful one is my "ugly yarn" the green I happen to have also. But, the two I think (I know what thinking gets one) so I hope will make a very nice pair of socks.

So here is one of the most mature skeins of yarn I own on the left. What do you think? Mixed together?
I finally can post about a pair of socks I got the pleasure of knitting. I was so thrilled when Cookie A asked for test knitters. I signed up. I got the email I could knit it (addressed to someone else but they corrected that and how I got it is way beyond me).

The pattern was suggested a solid color.

Well thank goodness for the New Years Day sale I happen to find. See Ken I do have fun when you are playing in the band on New Years Eve. There was a sale started at midnight o' one EST. Well that was 9pm here. So I ordered some yarn I had never even seen, then made it to the gig.

We got word today that we could post about the socks. I know I do not take great pictures. But, here is a new sock from Cookie A.

Nebula Socks:
I kept the twisting of the pattern down through the toes. I liked it that way.

I knitted these earlier this month. It is kinda of hard to do a test/sample knit then not be able to talk/post about it. I also did another project this month that I can not talk/post about for a year that is gonna be a long time. Then may as well admit I have another item on needles that I can not again post/chat about until maybe fall. But, I do love doing it so I can not complain. Just looks like I am not doing anything.

Wish me luck with Sock Madness 4..... There are 48 sock knitters entering only 32 will come out.

No comments: