Saturday, February 23, 2008

Disappointments

Have you ever had those times in your life when people just disappoint you?

I made socks for a family and never once heard if they even liked anything about them. One of the family members spent time at my house and never said a word. Is that normal? What ever happen to manners? Did some people get raised without them or did they just forget them when they should have been put to use? Or did they just plain not like them and I should never kit for them again. Are some people just so stuck on themselves that they can not see the time and effort put into home/hand made goods?

So many times in life you go out of your way for someone and they don't seem to know how to say Thank-You. Why is it people can be so rude?

I just want to scream today as someone dear to me put the final straw in the camels back. I just don't know what to think. Guess it is time for me to put this behind me and pick up the pieces of straw and knit a backbone for the camel.

If others can be so rude and unthoughtful I need to remember it is their problem and not mine. I will just have to made sure that they can not hurt me any more. Doing whatever it is I need to do to make that happen.

So "Today is the first day of the rest of my life". So be it.




1 comment:

adrienne said...

some people are just plain rude. you are the sweetest thing. don't worry about them.

or you can just ask how the socks fit! and put it all back on them. just don't spend your time knitting for them anymore. they don't deserve it. i do wear a size....